Practice and Review for the Mathematics Placement Exams
The links shown below will open practice exams for the various mathematics placement exams. You may take each practice exam as many times as you like (the questions will be different each time, but similar). Answers and detailed solutions are included.
These practice exams are designed to help you review for the placement exam, and also to find the appropriate level of placement exam that you should take. Each of the first four exams below has 30 questions, and the passing score is 21. Therefore, if you score significantly higher than 21 on a particular practice exam, you may want to try the next higher level exam. If you score significantly lower than 21, even after several attempts, you may want to try the next lower level exam.
(Note: Each exam will open in a new window or tab. Return to this page to try the exam again, or to try a different exam.)
- Prealgebra Prerequisite Practice Test (for entry into Math 376)
- Elementary Algebra Prerequisite Practice Test (for entry into Math 380)
- Intermediate Algebra Prerequisite Practice Test (for entry into Math 120)
- Transfer Level Mathematics Prerequisite Practice Test (for entry into Math 5, 15, 25, or 30)
- Calculus Prerequisite Practice Test